RECRUITMENT FOR THE POST OF MATERIAL HANDLER IN CANADA
Material handlers work in warehouses and production facilities to move products and manufacturing facilities, either manually or using equipment such as trucks or forklifts.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas.
- Ensure all incoming delivery matches the company purchase order.
- Store cargo in assigned locations using cargo boards and pallets.
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloguing, and recording the location of inventory.
- Analyse pick sheets based on clients orders and pull the appropriate products for each order.
- Track supply levels and regularly submit purchasing recommendations.
- Pick appropriate cases according to order using required technology
- Safely operate various machinery including booms, cranes, and forklifts to handle materials and inventory.
- Load trailers via carts or stack cases on the floor of a truck trailer
- Receive and distribute product and assist in weekly product inventory
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- General housekeeping and specific sanitation tasks as required (e.g. you may be asked to sweep the floor, help clean a trailer, take out the trash, etc.)
- Lift objects that weigh anywhere between 15 pounds and 50 pounds
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent physical fitness
- Flexibility, work ethic and teamwork
- Attention to Detail
- Safety Focus