RECRUITMENT FOR THE POST OF GARDENER IN UK
A gardener is responsible for weeding, planting, pruning and watering as well as the general maintenance and appearance of the grounds, gardens and buildings. Striving to create a pleasant environment that is safe and secure for both the garden owners and visitors.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working alongside the teams of garden volunteers, supporting them and giving them guidance as needed.
- Bringing a positive approach to working in the small team of full-time gardeners, supporting colleagues to help foster a friendly and peaceful working environment.
- Carrying out gardening tasks alone in a safe and responsible manner if required.
- Ability to follow Health and Safety policy as indicated, and to play a part in ensuring the work place is kept safe and that all working there are doing so in a safe manner.
- Regular mowing to keep lawn areas in top condition, while carrying out other turf care activities such as edging and aerating.
- Assisting with border work to the highest standard, showing an understanding of different plant types, monitoring and nurturing them as they grow.
- Assisting with the care of trees, shrubs and climbers, able to follow instructions closely regarding pruning, pleaching and topiary.
- Helping to shape the future of the garden by taking a key role in planting projects to develop and further enhance this extraordinary garden.
- General understanding and interest regarding the principles and practices of organic gardening.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience in a professional gardening role is essential.
- Professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an understanding of how to relate appropriately and confidently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Having an interest in organic gardening principles.
- High attention to detail including a high standard of accuracy when following instructions and directions.
- Physically fit, able to dig, to lift and carry, and to work from heights.
- Basic IT knowledge