MULTIPLE REQUIREMENTS FOR SALES ASSISTANTS IN UNITED KINGDOM
As a sales assistant, you are there to assist customers and make sure their shopping experience is enjoyable so they come back. A sales assistant helps create repeat business which in turn generates money for the business.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To always deliver a friendly service, smiling, greeting and making eye contact with customers you come in contact with.
- Carry out stock replenishment, ensuring all areas of the store remain tidy.
- Working as an active member of the team, supporting colleagues in all tasks.
- Meeting high standards of display and visual merchandising to ensure the store is well presented.
- Demonstrate good product knowledge to customers on key promotions and offers.
- Approaching customers that may require assistance if you are on the shop floor.
- Some roles will involve pushing loaded trolleys of stock for long distances.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Maintain a fully stocked store.
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants.
- Recommend and display items that match customer needs.
- Manage point-of-sale processes.
- Actively involved in the receiving of new shipments.
- Keep up to date with product information.
- Follow all companies’ policies and procedures.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience gained within a retail environment preferred.
- Confident approach towards maximising sales opportunities.
- Flexibility towards working hours.
- Strong communication skills and to participate as a key team member.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.
- Proficiency in English.
- Customer service focus.
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality.
- Basic administration skills.