In this article you will read some steps of hydroelectric producing step by step. Steps below:
1- The water that behind the dam flows into the water entrance to a pipe called penstock.
2- And then, now the water pushes the blades in the turbine to cause turning movement. This turbine is like a turbine that used in the central electric unit but this this turbine use the water, instead of steam.
3- This system converts the kinetic energy of falled water to the rotating energy that use a turbine. And finally, it uses the turbine to turn a kind of generator.
4- And the turbine spins the generator to generate electric for using.
5-And then, the electric start to move over the distance electricity lines in your home, school, buildings or work places. Thus hydroelectricity is produced with water to produce free electricity.
How much electricity does hydropower produce? – Hydroelectric
* Actually, all around the world, a 20% part of electric is produced with hydropower technologies.
* In the Unidet States of America, a 10% of electricity need is met via hydropower technology.
* USA is the second biggest producer of hydropower electricity and Canada country is on the first number in the hydropower production race.
* With a %99 hydropower electricity production, Norway is also one of the most important countries in the world.
* New Zealand gets its energy from a 75% hydropower production.
* United States of America meets electricity of 28 million houses with hydropower technology.
* Hydropower is a rapid electricity provider for buildings and can answer the needs quickly. Therefore today’s world uses the hydroenergy so much.
Environmental Effects of Hydropower- Hydroelectric
* Hydropower is produced with clean ways. Thus billions of gallons of fuel are not burned. And tons of coals are saved in nature therefore.
* Hydropower and hydroelectric technologies do not produce air pollution and greenhouse gas.
* There is no waste behind the hydropower process in nature.